[HLUG] World Software Freedom Day - Coming soon

graham grhmc at lavabit.com
Tue Aug 25 09:37:47 UTC 2009

Hi friends
I've had some serious trouble with mixing Ubuntu Linux and Windows XP on
a Toshiba laptop. Leaving the laptop in a hibernation mode causes
crashes which have lasting repercussions.
If this fault is likely to happen with other laptops using dual booting
then a warning should be given when recommending Linux.
Is anyone aware of the prevalence of dual boot problems and is there a
reference guide to avoiding and solving them?

Graham