[HLUG] gnucash hijacked .gz files

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 19:54:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:59 +0000, Tom English wrote:
> If I right click on a .gz file and go to properties, I can change the change
> the dafult application for that file "and other files of this type" in my
> gnome, surely that is a blanket change as it says?
As you say, setting default application in one .gz seems to do it for
all .gz files. I did this and it still seems to be OK but I have done
this before and it has reverted to trying to open with gnucash when I
next tried a .gz file. I shall have to see what else I am doing to mess
things up. Thanks for the confirmation I am doing the right thing.

Gordon.