[HLUG] [Fwd: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....]

GRAHAM COLE grhmc at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 30 09:08:53 UTC 2009

The Elliott 803 was my first computer (I worked for the makers, Elliot Bros.
(London) Ltd.) and I learnt to use it in 1963 with machine code, ie all
numbers. Input was by paper tape with holes punched in it. The hardware used
big logic bricks of  encapsulated transistors and resistors making up AND
gates, OR gates, FLIP-FLOPS etc.
Graham