[HLUG] Acer One alternate mail client

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 08:58:51 UTC 2009

Thunderbird is up and running on the Acer One now and looks good for the
job. No dependencies required to install and no clashes with the xfe
desktop. Thanks for the recommendations.

I am getting a complaint about Server Certificate Expired which I am
having to ignore every time I start Thunderbird. I get this on my Dosey
Laptop with Outlook Express, so I need to sort it. Any Ideas?

The other funny I noticed is that the subscriptions I set in Thunderbird
on the Acer One seem to be adopted in the Evolution Client running on my
desktop, which is also the server? I reset these in Evolution and they
reappeared back in Thunderbird! I unselected in Thunderbird and they
were still showing in Evolution but are not ticked in the Subscription
list! Looks like a clash between Thunderbird and Evolution, so perhaps I
should switch to Thunderbird on my desktop as well.

Paul, the first release of the Acer One had a 3 cell battery which
apparently gave a poor battery time. I got mine from John Lewis recently
with a 6 cell battery which gives 4+ hour battery time and also comes
with a 2 year warranty from JL.

Regards

Gordon.