[HLUG] kdenlive - jaunty

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 11:32:04 UTC 2009

Quoting dicegeorge at hotmail dot com <dicegeorge at hotmail.com>:

> the magic keys Ctrl-alt-F1 say Ubuntu 8.04.2
> thanks
>
> so next move is to make a new partition for home folder, ext3..
>
> i have a friend coming round to do video work,
> so maybe upgrade to 8.10 and put kdenlive on that,

You could do, or (and I'd recommend this if your computer works!) just
install on 8.04.  8.04 is what's know as a Long-Term Release which
means that security updates and packages will be available for a good
while yet.  I've not upgraded to 8.10 yet and I certainly won't be
upgrading my wife's laptop from LTS until the next LTS is released -
it means there's less to fix if it goes wrong!

> when in april is jaunty due?

Don't think it's been announced yet, but it's usually around the 20th
of the month in my experience.

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace