[HLUG] ubuntu jaunty launch 23rd april

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 19 14:12:51 UTC 2009

<dicegeorge at hotmail.com>:
> > as ubuntu is now almost as easy as windows for beginners
> > without need of command line malarky
> > how shall we publicise this release in herefordshire?

Yes, good point. We really ought to try to do more to publicise
linux, and Ubuntu is seen as an easier option into Linux (Yes I
know about Fedora, suse, mandriva etc but lets leave that for
another time ;-) )

But, we can really only do some good publicity by the whole group
participating.

If we can get a decent number of people who agree to helping out
and organisation of some kind of event, press, etc in
Herefordshire that's really great. But it can't be left to just
one or two people, it just doesn't work. Most of us are pretty
busy with our working lives, but if we can all get involved to a
greater or lesser extent it can be done.

We have the tools, what do we want to do ?

I was just talking to the lady who handles all the PR at the
local Chamber of Commerce, and I'm sure we have many good
contacts between us, but we need to be realistic about what we
can achieve, and do it on a low, or virtually nil budget ...

So everyone - what do we want to do, and how do we do it ?

Julian