[HLUG] Replacement for SBS2003

Steve Bushell steve at stevebushell.com
Sat Mar 28 13:33:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As a 'lurker' on this group for the past few years, I finally need some
Linux help!

I have been using an 'evaluation' copy of SBS2003 for some time, but
have finally had enough of it!  I am looking to replace this to ideally
get the following core features (but ideally as much functionality as
possible of course):

Windows fileshares

Webserver(s) - will be hosting several domains

Email - to integrate with Outlook, and push to windows mobile via OMA,
oh, and I also want webmail access

Central administration of usernames / passwords, ideally hosting a
Windows domain (not workgroup)

Printing services

DNS, DHCP servers

Support for raid ideally via RocketRaid (I have a rather large file
collection on one, and most Linux's recognise it as several drives, not
one)

That's the core of it, but loads more wishlist items.....

I am looking at Clarkconnect (Redhat based) does anyone have any
experience of this, or can anyone recommend any other alternatives?

Cheers,

Steve Bushell

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
and those who don't...