[HLUG] introduction

AT Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Mon Mar 30 21:04:46 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm new on this list, and just wanted to introduce myself shortly.

I'm a German vet, working in Wales & England since January 08, first in
Welshpool and now in Knighton, while living in Kington.

I started dabbling with RedHat during vet school, about 11 or 12 years
ago, but as I couldn't get the Internet to work, it was more like a
short interlude. The next try, about a year later, was with SuSE Linux,
which worked quite fine for a few years then.
At the moment I'm using Gentoo on my desktop machine, and open SuSE on
my wife's laptop.

What I like on linux, besides being free (mostly both aspects - as in
free speech and as in free beer ;-) ), is the high flexability to adjust
the system, the stable performance, even if you install lots of betas
and the traceability of errors, when they occur.

I think I'm fairly experienced in linux problem solving (as far as
private usage is covered), but more like "I do remember I solved
something like that before, but I don't remember how" and searching
again for it. :-))

I hope to get contact to like-minded people via the list, and sometimes
I just enjoy reading discussions/ problems even if I can't provide
advise or am not involved.
I don't think I can make it to the April meeting, as I am working night
that day, and my mom is visiting that week as well, but probably I can
make it in May.

@Julian Robbins: the swiss domain was just one of the more appealing
free mail services, when I cancelled my German provider before I moved
to wales, that's why a German guy with a Swiss domain lives in England. ;-)
And thanks for your kind welcome.

--
Andreas Ege

		16A Headbrook