[HLUG] REMINDER - APRIL HLUG MEETING -- TONIGHT !!

Malcolm Herbert mherbert at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 07:05:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 07:55 +0100, Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just a quick reminder that this month's LUG meeting will be TONIGHT at
> 7.30pm at 'The Point 4' in Hereford, opposite the Blind College in
> Hereford. Please see earlier post, or our website for further details
> http://www.hlug.org.uk/node/35.
>
> It would be great to see some of our new members too. If you haven;t
> come to a meeting before, its usually a pretty relaxed affair. We don't
> have a set agenda tonight, apart from a demo of the the latest not yet
> released version of Ubuntu, Lucid Lynx, and to see how the new venue
> fairs in terms of suitability, etc. Lucid Lynx is due to be released in
> 8 days time.
>
> I will be going tonight so looking forward to seeing you all later.

apologies to all, but won't be able to make as work commitments keep me
away from Farnborough.

If anyone is interested i have a new source of hardware including:
	Apple Mac G3 - G4 's; a range of, with some memory but no HD, around
£15-20 each
	An SGI Octane, circa 1997, interesting challenge for someone to get
Linux on it :-)
	An SGI tower system, dual PIII, running RHEL at the moment
	HP thinclient (T5000 i think), again running a Linux distro and a
useful kitchen alternative to an iPad

Malc

> Julian Robbins

Dr Malcolm Herbert
Director, EMEA Strategy & Solutions Office
t: +44 7720 079845