[HLUG] education related software for ISFD

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 17:09:44 UTC 2010

I have done a little bit of research on content for this and research
for software we can demo at the ISFD event with education in mind as the
contact I made at the council was very keen  - I am thinking of
teachers and parents as well as young people as it is the adults we will
have to convince to allow the children to use FOSS.
Sugar is one OS learning platform I have found but I am sure there's
lots of OS software out there for schools and children generally.
Can anyone with knowledge in this area and who has kids/young adults who
use it give me some suggestions and ideas please - (preschool through to
teens) all help gratefully received.
--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -