[HLUG] Press cuttings

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 07:10:29 UTC 2010

You could start with this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10839034

*Google Android phone shipments increase by 886%*
*Demand for phones such as the HTC Desire has helped drive shipments*

*Shipments of Google's Android mobile operating system have rocketed in the
last year, figures suggest. *

Interesting one this. Android is based on Linux, though Google rarely
mantion it. But it shows that Linux is powering some of the coolest smart
phones, and being used by everyday people, even when they dont know it

Julian