[HLUG] Gnucash

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 13:40:16 UTC 2010

we had a brief discussion about gnucash at one of the hlug meetings - I
use it for my business but always struggled to pull the figures out for
my vat return - spurred on by the plans for ISFD and the knowledge that
if someone might ask me  to recommend an open source accounts package
that works with UK VAT I have found an initial version of a vat report
that was posted to the gnucash devel list and managed to install it in
the reports folder - I contacted the guy that wrote it who said it
probably has some bugs as he has not tested it on a full set of accounts
but it seems to work fine and  it should save me quite a bit of work. I
hope they add it into the next gnucash release as it is a bit fiddly to
add it into the reports for those of us who don't usually venture beyond
the GUI
If anyone needs to know how to add it in here are the links

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/attachments/20100501/36126605/attachment.obj

and useful for getting it to work

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports

I installed it into the report directory
--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -
http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is