[HLUG] Scribus files

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:42:24 UTC 2010

On 6 August 2010 12:48, info at lifespacedesign.co.uk <
info at lifespacedesign.co.uk> wrote:

> I try to open a downloaded version of Jools .sla of the flyer and I get;
>
> Fatal Error
>
> File/ /Flyer.sla is not an acceptable format
>
> I used a usb stick to transfer the file from the download directory on my
> web
> box to my work station. Both running Mandriva 2010.
> The Scribus on my workstation is 1.3.5.1
>
> Any ideas ?

I'm using Scribus 1.3.8, and although the files are supposed to be
compatible, there is/was a bug on their mailing list where 1.3.5 wont always
open files from newer versions (This is development software we're using
rather than the Stable branch ......)

So two options :- see if you can upgrade to a newer version, or i'll see if
I can patch the file from here

Cheers

Julian