[HLUG] Display content for ISFD

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Sun Aug 15 23:39:07 UTC 2010

Dear All,

A metaphorical poke with a sharp stick ! We still need more content to put into
our ISFD display, as I have posted in our Piratepad

http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is

Display content;we agreed that it needs to include as a minimum;

Free and OS software philosophy

Cross platform free apps - OO.org, Firefox, Gimp etc

Linux and distros

Some how-to on installs eg dual boot, live discs, magazine discs, USB virtual...

Content for the first and second items on this list particularly sought at this
stage; if you find something on the web extract the relevant text and graphics
and try a mash up in one of the FOSS apps...

This is something which everyone can contribute to, remember mainly that it
needs to be understood by ordinary computer users full of FUD(?Fear, Uncertainty
and Doubt anti FOSS conceptual framework spread by software control freaks?);
personal stories of how you became a user are as valuable as displays about
using your favourite DTP suite.

CONTENT DEADLINE
Major items by August 20th
Final detail by August 30th