[HLUG] pirate Pad updated

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 20:09:26 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

piratepad has been updated to reflect what we have achieved to date and
make everything a little clearer - if you cannot access revisions via
the timeline I have a plain text copy saved of the version prior to the
update - just ask and i will email a copy to you.

Please add yourself into the People section if you can help out on the
day - it doesn't have to be for the whole day just whatever time you can
give

Allsaints are kindly letting us use their wifi on the day

Publicity is now ready - Posters and A4/A5 flyers are available online
from http://hlug.joolsr.fastmail.fm/ if you can print your own however
Julian is getting some printed up for us which will hopefuly be ready
for the august meeting

Getting the publicity out is the most important thing so please if you
can put up a poster or leave some flyers out in a public space near
where you live or work let us know by adding into the pirate pad list
under the publicity section - we particularly need to cover Ludlow
Hereford, Ross, Monmouth and the south and east of the county in
general. If you need posters or leaflets please let Julian know - so if
you haven't done anything yet now's your chance - every little helps

As you know Rob has launched HLUG on facebook  -
http://tinyurl.com/3ym78gy  just a reminder that if you have a Facebook
profile, please add this page and on twitter - follow Hfd_LUG

The event is going up on online listings pages and we are starting to
contact local media - if you have any ideas on how and where to get the
event publicised let us know

Pete still needs content and ideas for the exhibition boards and also
documents for the PC's and laptops we will be using on the day to run
example distro's.

This is now quite urgent as we our first deadline of August 20 is
approaching so:
More personal contributions of why you use linux
Ideas for documents - these can simply be be links to useful sites,
howto's, comparisons of OS software - there's lots out there - or feel
free to create your own content that you think first time users will
find useful

Let Pete have them asap - you can post here, put your contribution
straight onto PP or email it to Pete

--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -