[HLUG] SFD numbers?

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Aug 24 13:25:19 UTC 2010

Quoting Sarah Chard <sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk>:

> Matt
> we don't know
> but have sent out the info to small business users via the FSB, Chamber
> of Commerce and business link - the contact made in the education dept
> at Hereford Council has just sent our flyer out to all the primary
> schools in herefordshire encouraging them to attend and has passed the
> flyer on to the person co-ordinating  IT in the secondary schools and
> asked him to send it through to the relevant teachers in all the
> secondary schools in herefordshire
> plus we will have publicity in the local papers closer to the date -
> press release is being created now and that should bring in general
> users - so potentially we may have a busy day

Ok, that's cool.

So here's the deal.

Work are happy to sponsor the banners, however (obviously!) they want
something in return.

If we can get 10 customers, they'd be happy - any more is a bonus!

In order to help us achieve this, they'd be happy to put together a
"SFD Deal", which we can discuss at the meeting tomorrow, but would
probably be something along the lines of "a free .co.uk or .info
domain and a month's linux hosting for £1" or "Free domain name and a
years SiteMaker hosting for £1" - the domain would be owned by the
person who purchased it.

Let me know your thoughts,
Matt
--