[HLUG] HLUG Open Disc for SFD

Paul Stenning paul at sp-tech.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 20:57:45 UTC 2010

I had a quick play with Stellarium and Celestia and couldn't really get
to grips with either of them, though Stellarium seemed to be a bit more
user-friendly.  Celestia is 35MB and Stellarium is 43MB so getting rid
of one or the other (or both) would free up some space.  Would someone
like to comment as to which if either to keep?

It's debatable how educational some of the extra stuff on the
educational OpenDisc is.

It's also interesting how out of date some of the programs are.
GraphCalc hasn't been updated since 2003, and Abakt since 2006 (and the
website is now gone no no source code either).

Thoughts and suggestions for programs, especially in the educational
area, are welcomed.

Jools and some others probably won't be happy that I'm doing the HTML in
DreamWeaver and not Kompozer, but once it's on the disc nobody would
know!  It's what I'm familiar with and I don't have much tome to work on
it. ;)

Paul