[HLUG] End of the month

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 10:15:58 UTC 2010

Paul,
Many thanks for expressing your reservations, that helps.

On 31 August 2010 at 11:41 Paul Stenning <paul at sp-tech.co.uk> wrote:

> I won't be doing the namesco scheme because it all seems too messy,
> there are reputation issues with them, and I'm not comfortable giving
> them my credit card details.
A hazard we face every time we use an online payment service. Your comment on
reputation is noted, but is beyond my knowledge. No doubt this will come to the
attention of their marketing dept in due course!

> I have trouble believing that I could pay just £1 and then cancel
> straight away with no penalties or problems such as extra charges on my
> card, and they will pay out £25.
>No need to cancel straight away as all you are paying for is a domain name,
>everything else is an offer freebie. Check the offer details. A domain name
>registration reminder is sent out near expiry from nominet in case you need a
>reminder to cancel, you can always set an alarm in your system calender!

> I'm already providing materials for a load of our Open Discs, and I
> don't really want to pay out any more.
Noted,and much appreciated; but for others can I just point out that the amount
is £1.17, ie ONE pound plus vat.

However if the printing costs > really are an issue I'd rather put £20 cash in
the pot than jump through
> the namesco hoops.
That's commitment! As of now the pot holds £50 from my two transactions, ie we
need another 8 transactions to reach the target. Until more people respond in
here, or directly to me, I have no way of knowing how many will be willing to
help in this way.

Mind the Gap
Pete