[HLUG] End of the month

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:27:34 UTC 2010

I'm back,

On 31 August 2010 at 12:52 Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
<matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk> wrote:

> Quoting Paul Stenning <paul at sp-tech.co.uk>:
>
> I think I need to put together a guide about how to do this... :(
I had hoped this would suffice, but clearly not enough detail! I trust we are
all now clear ?

1. Log into www.synaptic.org.uk.
On the index page, across the top are a row of link buttons one of which is
NAMESCO; click on this link which takes you to

2. A namesco domain registration page, offering to register a domain for a quid.
Insert your chosen name and proceed to the next page, which should include a
discount voucher offer and confirm the billing amount is ONE POUND. You need to
fill in the usual domain registry personal information, which is a legal
requirement. Go on to the next page which is

3. Checkout; the usual online transaction process. Make sure that the discount
has been applied, and the bill total is just £1 (plus 17p VAT). If it is more
than this, cancel out, clear your history and cache and start again a few
minutes later. Note also you need to have javascript enabled for the backend to
work ( ask Matt when you see him next :-))

4. Once the transaction is confirmed by namesco, they will pay £25 into
Synaptic's affiliate window account. Synaptic is a voluntary group (of which I
am a trustee) which has agreed to act as the enabler for this process. For this
to work in time, we need ten deals to go through as soon as possible.

It is important to click through the synaptic site because the backend uses the
link to ensure the bonus payment goes to the correct place; if you try to work
through the namesco home page you will not get the £1 offer, nor will the bonus
be paid. For those looking for the added value for the hlug over the usual
commercial deal, the bonus payment for this account has been raised.

I am happy to be available on the phone to deal with any further questions about
this, subject to the vagaries of signal
07 890 819 556
Please could you drop me an email to me at peterlinnell.org.uk
when you have signed up ( so I can track payments and let everyone know when we
have hit target!)

Mind the Gap!

Pete H@

ps, if anyone wants their £1.17 back let me know and it can be arranged. In
addition, Synaptic could always find a good use for a few quid; our directory of
grant making trusts is several years out of date now for example....