[HLUG] March

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 11:22:14 UTC 2010

At the november LUG meeting there was a short discussion about the
possibility of keeping momentum going from the SFD event by having a
follow up in March - I mentioned that I thought there was an 'official'
event day like SFD that we could use as a hook but i couldn't remember
what it was - it is actually DFD - Document Freedom Day which in 2011 is
March 30 (a weds) but we could use the 26 march which is  a saturday.

I would like to organise a day which was a linux and DFD day with a
drop-in element as we did before for new users but this time with more
for LUG members ie some workshops, demos' speakers who would interest -
perhaps pulling in and meeting with users from  further afield (we can
keep SFD as a day for primarily new users)

We could also organise some speakers on Document freedom and ODF
standards - i am interested in this area as without official adoption of
Open Standards by organisations and government it seems it is very hard
for larger organisations to switch to OS.

I don't know if this is too ambitious - or if anyone else is interested
but do let me know if you are

oh and Julian - I know we talked at the meeting about an xmas social
gathering in hereford but did I miss mention of a date?

--
Sarah