[HLUG] March

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:32:53 UTC 2010

On 5 December 2010 11:22, Sarah Chard <sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk>wrote:

> At the november LUG meeting there was a short discussion about the
> possibility of keeping momentum going from the SFD event by having a
> follow up in March - I mentioned that I thought there was an 'official'
> event day like SFD that we could use as a hook but i couldn't remember
> what it was - it is actually DFD - Document Freedom Day which in 2011 is
> March 30 (a weds) but we could use the 26 march which is  a saturday.
>
> I would like to organise a day which was a linux and DFD day with a
> drop-in element as we did before for new users but this time with more
> for LUG members ie some workshops, demos' speakers who would interest -
> perhaps pulling in and meeting with users from  further afield (we can
> keep SFD as a day for primarily new users)
>
> We could also organise some speakers on Document freedom and ODF
> standards - i am interested in this area as without official adoption of
> Open Standards by organisations and government it seems it is very hard
> for larger organisations to switch to OS.
>
> I don't know if this is too ambitious - or if anyone else is interested
> but do let me know if you are

Hi Sarah

Yes i think its an excellent idea and i for for would be keen to help out.

> oh and Julian - I know we talked at the meeting about an xmas social
> gathering in hereford but did I miss mention of a date?

I've been ill the last few days, (havent left the house since Sunday), so
I'm keen to have a meal of some kind some where.

But I do think (as I am)  I'll have to leave it up to others to arrange.

If you can put out an email about this, that would be great.