[HLUG] .xsession-errors

AT Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Sat Feb 20 14:45:53 UTC 2010

Hello Mark,

>> To all the data of last mail, tail -f /home/razor/.xsession-errors gives
>> the following line, repeated over and over again, in the cases when the
>> filesize explodes:
>> Error: read error: passed the end of the codestream (start = 15044832,
>> current = 15046856, end = 15046856
>>
>> The rest of the file seems to be more or less the same as posted in the
>> last mail. I can't correlate it to any special program, or anything, at
>> the moment.
>
> So that message comes from a library called openjpeg.  From what I could
Where did you see it's coming from openjpeg? I don't doubt you, just
wanna improve my knowledge, as I don't see it. And google doesn't give
me anything when I put that error message in.

> find on Google [1] it's used in at least Blender and Okular.  If you are
> using either of these try starting them up in a terminal to see if the
> output appears.
Indeed, it does, if I use Okular. But not on all files. So far I
actually only found one yet.

>> So I guess before I update/ reinstall KDE, I see what happens if I just
>> delete (rename) the .kde folder, or /home/razor directory.
>
> You could start from scratch with your profile, this is probably the
> best place to start, especially as it doesn't happen for other users.

Guess I'll take that route. Or wait and don't use Okular, till I got my
new machine up and running, if they manage to sent me the replaced
mainboard someday. :-P

--
Andreas Ege

		16A Headbrook