[HLUG] Topics at Meetings

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 20 15:13:02 UTC 2010

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Heh, although I think I recognise your name from somewhere else -
> possible the OSC?

That would be it :-)

> Actually, that raises an interesting point, is it worth splitting the
> meetings or alternating between "desktop" and "server" or "user" and
> "administrator/developer" as guidelines for the kind of expertise that
> the talks are aimed at?

I'd say few LUGs are large enough to really
split this way - alternating the type of meeting
gives scope for people missing topics in which
they're not interested, but maybe mixing it
up a bit with a server talk preceded by a short
desktop talk & vice versa would keep everyone
involved? [1]

Good luck with the Monmouth hackspace :)

  - Richard

[1] Sorry if giving advice when I haven't been to
     an HLUG event since 4 years ago sounds a bit
     cheeky ;)

--
http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley
- food & gardening tweets displacing occasional bits of techie talk.

http://twitter.com/hsNW
- #hackspace tweets for NW England & N Wales