[HLUG] Topics at Meetings

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Feb 20 19:21:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 22:57 +0000, Julian Robbins wrote:
> Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> > Actually, that raises an interesting point, is it worth splitting the
> > meetings or alternating between "desktop" and "server" or "user" and
> > "administrator/developer" as guidelines for the kind of expertise that
> > the talks are aimed at?
> >
> Interesting point, but I think until we need to get more steady higher
> numbers to our meetings, otherwise we will end up diluting things too much.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I meant "Splitting Meetings" in the
sense that the first half is "Desktop" and the second half is "Server"
or something to that effect?

> I know Shropshire LUG were having bimonthly meetings, ie every two
> months as they didn't find there was enough interest to sustain monthly
> meetings, but I sort of wonder whether its just too long between
> meetings ? If you cant attend one due to birthdays, band practise,
> illness etc, etc then you would go 4 months between meetings - a pretty
> long time ..

I'd agree with this.  I think that 4 months is definitely too long
between meetings and I should know, it's been at least that since I last
attended, in fact I think it was still light when the meeting started!

Kind regards,

Matt