[HLUG] Ubuntu Manual Learning event Monday and Tuesday!

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:19:06 UTC 2010

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/48hours
>
> . On the 22nd and 23rd February 2010, the Ubuntu Manual project will be
> hosting a 48 hour event using Lernid that provides information for both new
> contributors and existing contributors.
>
> unfortunately you need commandline witchcraft to join
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lernid-devs/lernid-releases
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install lernid
>
> which i blindly pasted into terminal
> as it didnt seem to be in the software centre
> but it hasnt appeared in the applications/internet menu
> so is it for linux geeks only?

Hi George, I'm using Ubuntu Karmic, and using those commands, I have a
new menu item in 'Internet'. I guess its not the most obvious place to
have it but that's where it seems to be.

BTW, I had heard about the Ubuntu manual, but didnt know about the event
itself - looks interesting, thanks for posting it.

Julian