[HLUG] Command Line Witchcraft? -- was: Re: Ubuntu Manual Learning event Monday and Tuesday!

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 21 20:20:30 UTC 2010

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com wrote:
> which i blindly pasted into terminal
> as it didnt seem to be in the software centre
> but it hasnt appeared in the applications/internet menu
> so is it for linux geeks only?

Hello George,

Interesting you should look at it this way. I'm in
the middle of writing introductory command-line tutorials
for LinuxUser & Developer magazine, and would like to
here more about what makes the command line forbidding to
GUI users.

Cheers,

  - Richard

--
Richard Smedley         Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                        http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley          Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                   http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/