[HLUG] evdev

AT Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Wed Jan 20 14:25:50 UTC 2010

Hi there,

just swapped my keyboard driver from kbd to evdev, as all of a sudden I
had massive problems (like having had a permanantly switched on CTRL
key, every key stroke counting for three) with the keyboard under X, and
that's been the only solution I found so far.
Now the keyboard works again, and I even managed to get my german layout
configured.

Now the only annoying thing is, that the cursor keys don't work
properly: with the single cursor keys the up one doesn't work at all,
the left and down only on single stroke, and the right one normal. The
cursor keys on the number pad work better, almost normal, only in the
terminal emulation they work not at all.
I tried 3 config suggestions for hal and xorg.conf, but to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?

--
Andreas Ege

		16A Headbrook