[HLUG] phone sync

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Jul 3 15:29:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 16:02 +0100, dicegeorge at hotmail dot com wrote:

> > Mostly for George,
> >
> > Latest LinuxFormat mag has a big feature on Linux based smartphones.
> >

> have you got a copy?
> I went into Hereford today and bought Smartphone Essentials
> cos its got a feature on android,
> thinking of getting an HTC Desire
> when i've learnt more about it.
>
> Are touchphones more damagable if dropped?
> are they ok for texting or is a blackberry with a keypad better?

I've been running with a T-Mobile Pulse for the last 6 months, I've also
had a phone with a keyboard in the past and I'd rather have the
touchscreen personally.

If you're after a bargain the I can recommend the Pulse/Pulse-mini - the
pulse is running Android 1.5 (although they keep promising me an upgrade
to 2.1) and the mini is running 2.1.

I'm currently paying about £21 per month for unlimited texts, 300
minutes of calls to mobiles/landlines (but not 08** or 09** numbers) and
1G data transfer per month.

As for if they're more "damagable", I've dropped both my pulse and the
work-provided iPhone and the pulse has survived far better than the
iPhone... ;)

I might be getting an upgrade at work to a Desire, so if that happens
before you get your phone, I'll try and get along to a meeting so you
can see it.

Kind regards,

Matt