[HLUG] SFD 2010 - 18th September 2010

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 09:51:31 UTC 2010

Hey gang,

As always there are variables...

1. Check your diaries now for Sept 18th; I already know I may be involved in
another event in town that day, but am happy to multi-task from the Point4. For
those not available on the day there is option

2. Preparation of materials. Something I have wanted to do for a while is make a
FOSS display to go around libraries etc. This would be a good stimulus to making
that happen. Anyone can contribute material for it. I am happy to make the
structures, but help welcome! Or, does anyone have display resources going
spare?

3. Last year Jools and I did the morning in Leominster in Matt's shop, which was
fun but not exactly far reaching. Better preparation includes advance notice
through local media and hardware shops.  Who knows how to use social networking
OPTIMALLY to draw attention ? ie we dont want to peak too soon!

4. Branding templates? Badges were available from SFF for last year, Jools did
some local specific using the cidertux logo. I like the old gold theme, it's an
attention grabber.

5.Please knock up posters and fliers drafts by wednesday.... :-)

6. Investigate venue for resources to enable installs; ie power supplies. What
space is available on Saturdays? For all we know it may be rammed. Alternative
venue(s)? Canal Road ? All Saints ? Town Hall?

See you weds.

Pete H@