[HLUG] broadband in herefordshire

Malcolm Herbert mherbert at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 20:15:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 19:42 +0000, Meijin on Linux wrote:
> Thanks Sarah.
>
> I've requested a copy of the document - so let me know if you want me to
> send it on.

ah, shame I didn't see this event advertised also as i could have gone
there instead of Nuneaton...also asked for any follow-up paperwork

btw; great to meet everyone last night, an enjoyable (if somewhat
circular) discussion and I hope I didn't bore you all.

The main point for me wasn't just that the LUG (and other LUGs) just
provide a forum to discuss Linux, they also provide a focus for people
who think about IT (or ICT) in a slightly different way. This is
probably why (apart for a placement year working on IBM 3090's) have
spent time making the alternate the choice for corporates, education and
home users.

thanks

Malc

> Rob
>
> Sarah Chard wrote:
> > Hi
> > following on from the discussion about broadband in herefordshire at the
> > meeting last night - here is a link you may be interested in looking at
> > on the councils 'strategy'
> > http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/council_gov_democracy/news/44852.asp
> > unfortunately the meeting was today!
> > Sarah

Dr Malcolm Herbert
Director, EMEA Strategy & Solutions Office
t: +44 7720 079845