[HLUG] database

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 20:16:54 UTC 2010

On 30 May 2010 17:34, Sarah Chard <sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk> wrote:

> I got Lucid running fine on my eee 1000h no problems with the wireless
> but am experiencing a weird problem with my database in Open office
> Base. I normally just load a copy onto the laptop when i am away without
> any problems and put it back on the main pc with the updated data.
> Now in the laptop copy I can see the data in the tables correctly but
> the forms are showing some of the data correctly whilst other bits of
> data (mainly text fields) are showing as numbers - this has never
> happened before - any ideas as to what is causing the problem?

Hi Sarah

Just a guess, but if you've got a fresh install on OOo Base on one and an
older install on the other, its possible that you used a non default view on
the older one to show the fields.

Perhaps you have to have a different view on the newer install ?

Also possibly you have different versions on both installs but this shouldnt
really make any difference.

Julian

Sarah