[HLUG] (no subject)

Will Price will.price94 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 10:38:26 UTC 2010

Hi Julian,
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I'm interested in:
- Alternatives to proprietary software (e.g. alternatives to MS
office,  open formats etc)
- How linux works (I've been trying to learn a bit about the boot sequence
and file hierarchy)
- Arduino & Processing
- Trying out new distributions
- Trying out new programs, finding things that increase productivity (e.g.
I'm using mnemosyne for revising at home for college)
- Learning new things
- The Inner workings of things

I'm 16 and live outside of Hereford and I attend Hereford 6th form College,
I'm studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
I'm currently running Ubuntu but have been looking at trying out Arch
sometime. I might need a bit of advice in future about that ;)
I would probably describe my experience level as lower-medium, I can happily
compile software and play around with Conky, I've managed to install Nvidia
drivers from command line after a big crash so I can generally sort most
inconveniences out. This is what i quite like about linux, I enjoy solving
problems and to be honest I manage to 'break' my PC fairly often so it makes
me learn.