[HLUG] bandwidth logging

Steve Bushell Steve at stevebushell.com
Tue Oct 12 21:40:41 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

Certainly the router rate Andreas! ADSL+ theoretical max is 8Mbps down, sorry! I'm on 1Gbps internal connections here, but that won't do a THING to my internet rate (save for a tiny bit of latency improvement.

 Yes, you may be using more than you were, but my point is simply that 10Gbytes a month isn't much I'm afraid, not at all!  Heck, in terms of a bit of Iplayer, and a few updates etc, and downloads it's zippo, I use a gig a month over the airwaves on my Iphone, emails, bit of iplayer, updates, web browsing etc  I'm sorry, but the 2010 network connected real world is up to figures like that nowadays (why else do the isp's feel it necessary to limit outrageous users like me if we weren't ... urm....... 'USING' it?

Your router should show internet usage, and your isp should be able to let you monitor it too (if they're any good... oh, BT... Hmmm, I see your point)....

Steve