[HLUG] bandwidth logging

Steve Bushell Steve at stevebushell.com
Tue Oct 12 22:00:15 UTC 2010

Completely agree with speedtest.net, as for samknows, they are 'usually' reliable, but in the wilds, it can go very wrong!

This is what speedtest.net gives me 'now' (a typical tuesday night, quiet with me, but who knows what joe public is doing just up the road... 1 mile from the exchange)

5.75 Mb/s down, 0.37 Mb/s up  and  78ms latency... it gets better, but that's 'now'.

Netstat will show any open connections, but that'll only be on a pc by pc basis, but if you are 'that ' close to the limits, you're fighting a lost battle - isn't tonight a 'huge' Microsoft update night?

Steve