[HLUG] Random question of the week!

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 09:35:15 UTC 2010

Hi Matt,

On 04 September 2010 at 09:54 Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
<matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any of the following:
>
> 1) A USB Smartcard Reader that works under linux?
I have 2 multi card readers that work, but I don't know about Smartcard format,
is that the Sony one?

> 2) A old PC (doesn't need a hard-disk) that can PXE boot with at least
> 300M RAM
Please explain PXE boot requirements.

> 3) An old AT/ATX PC case that would fit a Motherboard and a PSU?
Need to know Mobo dimensions and CPU cooling arrangement. I have a range of
cases in hand.

> I've discovered that I skipped all my old hardware as part of a major
> clear out and I'd really like to be able to demonstrate moving  sessions
> between thin-clients and other computers using SmartCards under x2go!
Does it have to be Smartcards? why not just use thumbdrives?
Pete