[HLUG] Random question of the week!

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 10:31:21 UTC 2010

just checked and we will have
rob - 1 x laptop ubuntu 10.04
paul 1 x laptop windows 7 - cross platform floss apps
Julian - ?? don't know what he is bringing
Matt - edubuntu
pete - your 2 machines with ?? plus my laptop with mint/vinux if it can
take both - if it cannot we will have to put vinux on one of your boxes
as this is now a priority and keep the laptop as mint
I have an eee I can bring running ubuntu netbook version 10.04 if it is
needed (but we are ubuntu heavy!)

is this a large enough cross section of distro's? bearing in mind our
publicity up to this point. We have now committed to demo'ing vinux,
I have kubuntu discs as well as ubuntu server discs as giveaways -
Matts idea is good but I am aware that we don't want to move too far
from our original plan which was based on the premis that most people
will be interested in the cross platform software and will not have
great technical knowledge. So we show them what linux is and talk about
it using the cross platform OS software as a starting point -

--
Sarah

SFD event - 18 Sept 2010 -
http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is