[HLUG] Wednesday 8th.

info at lifespacedesign.co.uk info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 20:57:30 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Just a timely reminder of what's happening Wednesday. Originally this was
intended to be a short snagging meeting for ISFD stuff, but has been overtaken
by events. It would be good all round for those participating in ISFD to come
along; and as always we extend the traditional lug welcome to old and new
hluggers !

So here is a revised timetable,
7:00 pm Tony Sales presenting ( Press launch) on the Vinux project. Linux for
the visually impaired based on Ubuntu. This is a globally significant project
started and now managed by Tony from the RNCB !

As of now I have no idea how many press people are likely to show, and I will
post updates on our PPad as and when I get them. I have posted names of press
orgs I have spoken with and sent PR's to. If anyone knows any local or regional
media not already covered that might take an interest do let me know asap.

Also I am looking for freelancers or stringers that may wish to cover for the
nationals and tech mags (this is a GLOBAL significant project!)

8:15 ish ISFD round-up.
State of all current threads;
Display panels - Pete
Info Leaflet - Jools
Open Disc - Paul/Sarah
On the day flyers - ?
Hardware - All
Software; inc presentation - All
Network stuff - Matt
Press - Pete
Redundancy - All

Any other business. Nothing at all to stop anyone not involved in ISFD chattIng
about FLOSS all night of course !

See you at the Point4, Wednesday, for 7.00 pm

Pete H@