[HLUG] HLUG Website Access

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 09:21:44 UTC 2010

Hi

We used to have the ability where anyone, members or not, could apply for a
blogging account on our website albeit always with administrator approval. I
didnt mind if non members were able to post from other lugs for example, as
if there were any problems we could have just deleted their posts and them
quickly ;-)

But the amount of spam-bot driven attempted signups has got too many to
administer, and they're getting cleverer at making them look like real names
and emails.

So I have stopped this on our website. From now on, please email a website
administrator, ie me or perhaps Mark Broadbent, if you want a blogging
account and we will be pleased to be to give you access.