[HLUG] Saturday router music

Pete Linnell info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 18:52:18 UTC 2011

George,

If you are talking about routing live music over ethernet there are
issues like latency and buffering to consider, stuff that doesn't matter
in data transfer as files can come up and bite you in a live stream. As
you've got a PA anyway I'm sure it will be heard in the kitchen; and
next door; and across the yard....  :)

HNY

Pete H@

On 30/12/11 18:30, Tim Spivey wrote:
> I think setting up a "shoutcast server" would work. I haven't done so for a
> while though so can't be more specific I am afraid.
>
> Happy 2012!
>
> Tim
> On Dec 30, 2011 5:23 PM, "dicegeorge at hotmail dot com"<
> dicegeorge at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Howe can I play music in VLC / Lubuntu in one room
>> but also send it down the ethernet through a router
>> into the kitchen to play on another computer,
>> is this what's called streaming?
>> what software would i need at each end?
>>
>> George
>>
>> PS
>> setting up music  for saturday night
>> There's drums and guitars in one room,
>> if any of you want to drop over youre welcome
>> HR6 0SD
>>

>> --

Lifespacedesign offers a bespoke energy evaluation for all types of property

Pete Linnell M.Sc. (Dist) Architecture:Advanced Environment and Energy Studies.