[HLUG] HLUG Meeting Weds 23 feb

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 12:09:45 UTC 2011

Hi
work is still going on behind the scenes for the open source day on
march 26 -

Tony Sales has arranged to come on the 26th march to demo Vinux in
person - which is really good news -

Paul still needs testers for the opendisc iso - check it out at
http://www.sp-test.co.uk/hlugopendisc/

We have several nominations for the HOSS awards but if you know any
business/organisation or individual who uses and promotes open source in
the county then don't forget to put them forward for a HOSS award as
this will generate positive publicity for them and for Open Source in
general. Nominations to hoss at hlug.org.uk please.

the lug meeting this coming weds is the most important one in terms of
organising the event  - so please try and make it if you are able to be
there on the day as there is quite a bit to discuss about practicalities
at the event as well as a final publicity push  (if you can't commit to
helping out on the day we will still need help putting up posters and
getting word out about the event so there are other ways you can help).
If you can't be there in person then join us via pirate pad -
I will be there from 7:30pm so look forward to meeting everyone.

--
Sarah

March 26 - http://piratepad.net/hQ3RVGdvKc