[HLUG] a trojan that targets Windows, Mac, and Linux computers

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:30:54 UTC 2011

On 28 February 2011 17:40, dicegeorge at hotmail dot com <
dicegeorge at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is this true?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/19/mac_linux_bot_vulnerabilities/
>
> a trojan that targets Windows, Mac, and Linux computers contains gaping
> security vulnerabilities that allow rival criminal gangs to commandeer the
> infected machines.

Scary !! Luckily,  it also says in the artcile :-

*They didn't show any infections on Linux machines. Turner said that
Jnanabot attacks on the open source platform weren't able to survive a
reboot.*

So not quite so ad on linux after all.

Just as an aside, I've been using esets new beta for 64 bit linux AV at
work, and it works well. Most AV doesnt work on 64 bit pc's it appears ..

Julian