[HLUG] a trojan that targets Windows, Mac, and Linux computers

AT Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Mon Feb 28 23:29:48 UTC 2011

Hi there,

> Is this true?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/19/mac_linux_bot_vulnerabilities/
>
> a trojan that targets Windows, Mac, and Linux computers contains gaping
> security vulnerabilities that allow rival criminal gangs to commandeer
> the infected machines.

Don't know if that one is true, but I recently read an artice where the
guy did show at a convention that linux machines can be succesfully
targetet, though he used a vulnerability that was already closed by the
time of the demonstration.
In general risks are less, not least because of stronger seperation
between root and user access. But they definetely do exist.

--
Andreas Ege

		24 The Birches
                 Shobdon