[HLUG] march public day

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 12:41:13 UTC 2011

Looks like Allsaints is the favourite - I will confirm with Jackie and
let Tony know - it would be good to have the vinux demo he could not do
in september and maybe get some of his students involved as well.

How about -
Open Source Slam - Free Software Day
 - makes it sound a bit exciting - gets all the right words in

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 19:37 +0000, Paul Stenning wrote:
> we could do pretty much what we did last time and perhaps emphasise
> OpenOffice/LibreOffice more.

yes exactly the idea being we get info about linux and OS out to as many
people as possible but with emphasis on OpenOffice/LibreOffice and open
doc formats.
We have some discs and plenty of leaflets left and have more than enough
time to burn more of Paul's OpenDisc

It would also be interesting to maybe have a speaker(s) at some point
during the afternoon to give a focal point - I have emailed Mark Wright
who is the councillor in Bristol responsible for saving the OS program
in the council to see if he would be willing to come and speak about his
experiences - if anyone has any other suggestions let us know

--
Sarah

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 19:49 +0000, jim murphy wrote:
> *suggest all saints is perfect for many reasons*
*attract the public by calling it free software day ?*