[HLUG] Herefordshire Digest, Vol 1307, Issue 1

yinchao_cool yinchao_cool at 126.com
Tue Jun 7 01:37:57 UTC 2011

Hello

I am sorry to tell that the situation of piracy in china is serious. Almost all of people in china using piracy software especially Microsoft’s software.

The reason for that situation may be a lot.

1.      the history

The development of software in china is since 1990’s with a little history. Many people just use the update technical. And most of them choose Microsoft’s software.

2.      the education

Just like what I said before. we taught to using windows, Microsoft’s office. There are also many training class outside. I don’t know why but this dose exists. If a student want to get his degree he must pass the class exam which is I mentioned before. You know whatever a high educated man or normal person the training is easy to get.

3.      the English proficiency

Most of open source software’s document is wringing in English. But in china there are little people can understand the English in the web page. They don’s understand they won’t choose.

4.      the user interface and less regulation

Many people in china choose to use Microsoft’s operation system. And most of them will also use other product from Microsoft. They are looking the same and easy to use. But people don’t have money to buy and the piracy is easy to get. You can’t image how easy it will be. It can be soled in the shop and any one can buy it without any regulation.

Many people using compute is just to browse the web pages, watching the movie, listen to the music. So they just use little software. Nowadays the Firefox , chorme is becoming more and more popular.

A lot of open source project is used in software development. Just like the tomcat , struts , spring and so on. Some of them choose a open source project as a foundation and make a further development. Some of Chinese software vender also makes their project open source.

So what I want to say is the situation of piracy in china is very serious. Especially microsoft’s product. Almost every machine of normal user running a microsoft’ operation system. And most of them are piracy. And many people just think there is only one vender produce operation system and that is Microsoft.

Most time I use linux is using some system function just like thread , process, file operation in my program. And I use vim to write a program , gdb to debug a program .

 chao

2011/6/7