[HLUG] Hello all

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:51:45 UTC 2011

On 20 June 2011 19:02, Martin Pendlebury <martpendle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On the suggestion of the e-mail welcoming me to the LUG here is my e-mail
> with some info about me!

Thanks for that . Welcome to the Herefordshire LUG !

> I am Martin, I currently live in the ross area and have just finished a Bsc
> in Computer Animation and Special Effects at Bradford University. This
> wasn't really a Bsc and I didnt really enjoy it, but I wont get into that.

I used to live near Bradford, Bingley to be precise, still have wife's
family there

> I am planning on doing the Open University course "Introduction to Linux"
> in October so that I will then have the knowledge to take the CompITA
> Linux+
> certification.

Sounds good

> I currently use Linux on my netbook as my main OS and am slowly migrating
> my
> desktop to linux as well but its hard as steam is windows only (for the
> moment anyway!)

Good way to do this. I had a feeling that you can play Steam with
Codeweavers Wine, or whatever its called nowadays.

> I joined the LUG to become part of the community and to hopefully meet
> people with the same interests as me! It will be hit and miss when i can
> make it to the meetings as its quite a trek for me and transport is hit and
> miss, i will try and be on piratepad at the correct time each meeting
> though!

 Yes, we've never had that many members 'south of the river' for some
reason. As we've held meetings in Hereford and quite a few in Leominster
and Leominster area, we really ought to hold on in Ross/Ledbury way. If any
one has any good ideas for a venue, please say.

If anyone is coming from Ross direction on Weds perhaps you could share the
petrol money and share a lift ?

Julian

Cheers!