[HLUG] June meeting-ISFD

Pete Linnell info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 23:22:25 UTC 2011

Dear hlugers,

This month's meeting was well attended and thanks to the earlier start
we managed to combine admiring Geoff's scripting skills and erudition in
some obscure fields of knowledge with a good deal of focused business.

We have chosen education as the focus for our ISFD effort.

The aim is to offer some kind of presentation to staff and students at
primary and secondary levels, at some suitable time around ISFD itself.
Some members have already taken on the task of initial approaches to
some local schools. Keep up to date via the PiratePad;
http://piratepad.net/n7Tuzn49Is

Anyone reading this with connections to any other schools in the county
or it's neighbours, as parents, staff, governers etc, that would like to
get their school involved contact hlug at hlug.org(dot)uk
As we have only 10 weeks to prepare, and for much of that time the
schools will be shut or in hectic mode we reckon it's important to get a
solid start within the next few weeks. Tony has offered to prepare CD's
of age related applications for sharing, and to undertake initial
production; but any funding would be appreciated.

Colin has volunteered to deconstruct old press releases and try for
something with less words and more impact. A number of innovative
publicity concepts were discussed, mostly impractical for one reason or
another; but we did agree that a poster and a different hand-out/ flyer
with more detail on it were better than a single design at different sizes.

Social media; Heather and Kevin's posting offering to cover Twitter was
noted and appreciated, there is the facebook event

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117745511644688

which could do with traffic and attendees to generate buzz; perhaps
nearer the time, but no harm in logging in as attending!
Jools is going to create webspace and tracking for analysis to be added
to our high impact poster and informative handout.

Pete H@

--
Lifespacedesign offers a bespoke energy evaluation for all types of property

Pete Linnell M.Sc. (Dist) Architecture:Advanced Environment and Energy Studies.