[HLUG] BBC news item on open source

Steve Horsfield horsfield.steve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 23:31:32 UTC 2011

There can be few more egregious examples of biting the hand that feeds you,
because Accenture headed up the biggest nulabour IT scam of the lot, the
infamous NHS IT programme. Accenture won several of the regional contracts
and it was Accenture which brought the infamous Isoft into the NHS
programme. When things got difficult Accenture walked out leaving everyone
else saddled with Isoft and Lorenzo. Isoft, famous for booking long term
contracts as current year revenues and claiming astronomical profits as a
consequence. Quite why anyone was daft enough to take responsibility for
Accenture's sub-contractor when things were manifestly not going smoothly,
which was why Accenture was getting out, no one will ever know. My guess is
that the department panicked and rather than scrap the project, threw more
money at it.

Steve Horsfield