[HLUG] Broken Boots

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 13:18:18 UTC 2011

  Hi Pete

     Thanks for such a quick reply. I think you are at least partly on
the right lines. Great man.

     Powered down and took out the battery for couple of minutes. Result
the machine now recognises and boots from the live Ubuntu 10.04 CD but
still no luck with the Windows CD, when it just asks 'Press any key to
load CD' and then goes straight through to the Grub Menu. Trying to
start Windows from there ends up with the Blue Screen we all know so
well. So still a bit stuck but thanks all the same.

     BTW it is a lap-top so am a bit reluctant to change the Hard Drive
even if I had one spare.

Chris