[HLUG] speakers for ISFD

Dr Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 10:04:58 UTC 2012

Sarah

Good point, I hadn't thought of the practicality of bringing machines to
an 'Install Meeting'.

Is there any mileage in making a little 'package insert' to go into the
12.04 give aways. It could contain three sections 1. Checking (and
setting BIOS) to enable boot from live CD, 2. Full installation with
emphasis on the partitioning sequence and its significance, 3.
Installation and connection set-up for a Web Browser.

Supported by a few key screen-shots and cook-book text this should get
someone to a self-supporting state.

Chris