[HLUG] speakers for ISFD

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 11:08:21 UTC 2012

Hi Chris
that's a very practical  suggestion - we are usually so busy organising
the event we don't pay much attention to the follow-up meeting or making
info easy to access for new members

I agree we should have some prominent info about hlug meetings, how to
join and also advertise the sept meeting which will be on the 25th sept
(i have added this into the PP)
we could offer to install - this is not always practical as I recall
from other SFD events - people often want to install on PC's they cannot
bring to a meeting
we will have ubuntu 12.04 cd's to give away on the day (i have had news
that they have arrived) so we could offer a couple of options for the
HLUG meeting
      * Maybe a HLUG member would like to volunteer to give a short talk
        on the how and why of installing, dual booting and partitioning
        for that meeting  - any offers?
      * Problem solving if new members have had install issues - they
        can bring laptops etc along
      * We can also offer to create USB boots of distro's - they just
        need to bring their own USB - this would be simple to do

--
Sarah
ISFD Sept 15 2012 http://piratepad.net/xvthlXqxA2